Ama Dablam Expedition Overview
Ama Dablam Expedition is one of the most tempting trekking peaks of the Himalaya. It’s often called the ‘Matterhorn of the Himalaya’ placed at the heart of the beautiful ‘Everest region’.
The outstanding ice-coated granite pyramid of ‘Ama Dablam North ridge expedition ’ always dominates the sky above the trekker’s trail to the famous ‘Everest Base Camp trek’. The mountain adapts its name from the glacier lying on its south-west face. The glacier looks like a jewel box hanging on the neck of the mountain.
Hence, ‘Ama Dablam’ means ‘mothers jewel box’. When the expedition team led by Edmund Hillary ascended the mountain for the first time, Hillary was almost imprisoned by Nepal’s Royal King for attempting the sacred ‘Ama Dablam Expedition’.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed Ama dablam expedition itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
- 16 April 2014 Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
- 17 April 2014 Day 02: Prepared Expedition
- 18 April 2014 Day 03: Briefing in Ministry of Tourism
- 19 April 2014 Day 04: Fly to Lukla 2800m. and trek to Phakding - Lodge
- 20 April 2014 Day 05: Namche Bazaar 3440m. - Lodge
- 21 April 2014 Day 06: Namche -Acclimatization - Lodge
- 22 April 2014 Day 07: Namche -Thyanboche – 3800m. -Lodge
- 23 April 2014 Day 08: Thyanboche - Dingboche 4400m. – Lodge
- 24 April 2014 Day 09: Dingboche - Island Peak BC 4970m. –camping
- 25 April 2014 Day 10: Island Peak high Camp 5600m tent
- 26 April 2014 Day 11: Island peak 6089m. Summit & back to Chukkung 4730m.- Lodge
- 27 April 2014 Day 12: Chukkung - Dingboche - Ama Dablam Base 4600m. – camping
- 28 April - 11 May 2014 Day 13-26: Climbing period for Ama Dablam
- 12 May 2014 Day 27: Base camp - Namche - Lodge
- 13 May 2014 Day 28: Namche - Lukla - Lodge
- 14 May 2014 Day 29: Fly Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- 15 May 2014 Day 30: Final Departure
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu
- Roundtrip airfare from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha conservation permit fees
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees
- All overnight accommodations while on the trek and climb
- All meals while trekking and climbing
- Scheduled restaurant meals while in Kathmandu
- Climbing Permit and Sherpas
- Personal equipment
- Staff/guide gratuities
- Items of personal nature (phone calls, laundry, room service, extra meals, etc.)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Medical rescue insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Satellite phone usage
We were discussing seriously about our holiday and how to pass it than we knew one of our friend was connected with Skyline Treks & Expedition through internet.Our team show their approval for an Expedition and were arrived to Nepal for our tasks.The Everest region 30 days Treks was indeedly fascinating and charming.Eventually our holiday was so interesting and memorable.Many many thanks to the company and their entire team. ..
Alex & groups