Annapurna Expedition Overview
Extending from Kali Gandaki gorge in the west to Marshyangdi in the east ‘Annapurna’ is one of the most significant peaks of Nepal for Annapurna Expedition. It’s formed with four summits creating a barrier on the northern side of picturesque ‘Pokhara valley’. The main Annapurna peak stands on the west of the Annapurna sanctuary, which is the most popular trekking routes of Nepal.
Annapurna caught mountaineers attention only when Herzog and Lachenai first climbed the mountain in 1950. Standing high at 8091 meters, Annapurna is world’s tenth highest mountain. The mountain has glaciers on its western and north-western slopes which drain into a great gorge cut through the Himalayan by the Kali-gandaki River. All the routes to the mountain ensure severe difficulties and challenges with plenty of steep climbing.
The normal route to the mountain approaches from Manang with two hours of walk from the base camp to reach the bottom of the mountain. With plenty of steep climbing, zigzag crosses and possibilities of avalanches along the camps, Annapurna expedition has caused more faculties than any other mountain expeditions.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
- 17 April 2014 Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- 18 April 2014 Day 02: Preparation for expedition
- 19 April 2014 Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism
- 20 April 2014 Day 04: Drive to Pokhara 900 m. & transfer to hotel
- 21 April 2014 Day 05: Drive to Dhampus & trek to Pathana – Lodge
- 22 April 2014 Day 06: Pathana – Ghandruk - Lodge
- 23 April 2014 Day 07: Ghandruk – Tadapani - Lodge
- 24 April 2014 Day 08: Tadapani – Dobato –camping
- 25 April 2014 Day 09: Dobatto – Chistibung – camping
- 26 April 2014 Day 10: Chistibung – Khubra – Camping
- 27 April 2014 Day 11: Khurba - Base camp of Annapurna South –Camping
- 28 April – 14 May 2014 Day 12-28 Climbing Period Annapurna South.
- 15 May 2014 Day 29: Base Camp – Shownta –Camping
- 16 May 2014 Day 30: Shownta – Ghorepani – Lodge
- 17 May 2014 Day 31: Ghorepani – Birethati – Lodge
- 18 May 2014 Day 32: Trek to Nayapul & to drive Pokhra - hotel
- 19 May 2014 Day 33: Drive to Kathmandu
- 20 May 2014 Day 34: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
- 21 May 2014 Day 35: Final Departure to the Airport
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel Room with Breakfast (B) basis
- All meals and accommodation in tent or lodge according to programmed
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permit fees.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permits fees.
- Climbing Permit Fees
- All camping equipment,
- Service of staffs and government officer at the base camp
- High altitude porters, his wage, high altitude and equipment allowance
- Equipment and facilities for the staffs and government officer according to government rules
- Porterage charge to and from base camp
- Accident insurance for staffs and porters
- Domestic Airfare according to programme
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All ground transport.
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Personal clothing, climbing gear, climbing equipment and gear and sleeping bag
- High camp equipments and oxygen
- Personal accident and health insurance
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Any other services and expenses that are not specifically mentioned
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness and other contingencies
There is an assertion "If there is wills, there is way." so me Alina and my mates were agree to feel the significant peak of Mount Annapurna at Nepal and for our intend we joined our feelings & our hands with non other then the other company its with The Skyline Treks & Expedition.The Expedition was almost for 35 days and from the commencing day our willing,desire, ambition & intent were growing so rapidly and all those our feelings we got pacified by the natural beauty,amazing atmosphere,enormous forest & the glacier of Mount Annapurna.Thank you Skyline Treks & Expedition for association with us. With best esteem to all the team. .
.Alina & her groups.