Arun Valley Trek Overview
Arun Valley Trek in the most popular trekking destinations of the ‘Makalu’ region, Arun Valley is an epitome of natural beauty. Arun valley is non-touristic area so the trails are less traveled that provides superb views of Mt. Everest, Mt.Makalu and several other snowy peaks on the face. Set in an exotic place between Mount Everest and Mount Makalu, Arun valley is world’s deepest valley placed between both Sagarmatha and Makalu Barun national parks. The trekking is relatively easy compared to the other treks of the restricted areas.
There are mainly two passes in the Arun valley trek consisting of Salpa passes (3350m) and the Surkie La pass (3085m) both at a high altitude. We start our trek to Arun valley from a flight to Tumlingtar to the east of Everest, the first week is spent trekking through virgin territory into the Solu-Khumbu region before a push up on the main Everest trail to Kala Pathar for tremendous close-ups of Everest, Nuptse and Lhotse along with many others before a journey back to Lukla and a flight to Kathmandu.
Besides the Himalayan panorama, Arun Valley trek also rewards the travelers with incredible wildlife and cultural diversity. We at Skyline treks and expedition have arranged great trips to the Arun valley since more than a decade. Please feel free to get in touch with us for more information on the trip. Let’s start planning for your get the trip to the Arun valley now!
Day 02: Full day guided Sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square (B)
Day 03: Flight to Kathmandu / Tumlingtar/ commence trek to Satighat 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 04: Satighat to Dingla Bazaar (1580m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 05: Dingla Bazaar to Majuwa 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 06: Majuwa to Salpa Phedi (2760m) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 07: Salpa Phedi to Sanam via Salpa Pokhari (3414m) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 08: Sanam to Bung (1950m)5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 09: Bung to Gaikharka (2300m)5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 10: Gaikharka to Puiyan (2230m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 11: Puiyan to Phakding (2610m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 12: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m.)5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 13: Rest at Namche Bazaar
Day 14: Namche Bazaar to Thame(3980m.)5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 15: Thame to Tyengboche (3860 m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 16: Tyengboche to Dingboche (4345m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 17: Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 18: Lobuche to Kala Pattar (5555m.) to Gorekshep (5200m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 19: Gorekshep to Pheriche (4130m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 20: Pheriche to Tyengboche (3860m.) 5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 21: Namche Bazaar to Phakding (2610m.)5 ½ hrs (B.L.D)
Day 22: Phakding to Lukla (2840m.) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 23: 40 minutes flight back to Kathmandu, and than transfer to the Hotel. Rest of the time for shopping (B)
Day 24: Final departure to your country (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast (B) basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide and his fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and Lukla-Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in Lodge (Tea House)
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- All land transfer as per above itinerary by our private vehicle
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc .
Dear Madhav and the Skyline Team Just wanted to say thank you very much for helping to make our trip to Nepal so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - enjoying both the tour of Kathmandu and the 17 days trekking. You and your team were all very helpul and kind with the arrangements both before hand and during our trip.
Rachel & Tom