Baruntse Expedition Overview
Baruntse Expedition is technically easy and makes a great trekking peak climbing in Nepal for practicing the ascend of 8000 meter higher peaks. From the base camp to the west Cole with its huge glacial plateau, everything will make your ascent exciting.
Standing between Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Makalu at the epicenter of the three remote glacial valleys –Barun, Imja Tse and Hinku; Baruntse was first discovered by an expedition team led by Edmund Hillary while climbing the east of Mt. Everest.
Our Mt. Baruntse Expedition approaches the pristine wilderness environment of Hinku valley and Mera La on the way to Baruntse Base Camp.
While we try our level best to follow through the Baruntse Expedition itinerary the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
14 April 2019 Day 02: Prepare expedition
15 April 2019 Day 03: Briefing in Tourism Ministry
16 April 2019 Day 04: Fly to Lukla 2800 M.– Chutanga 3100 M. –Lodge
17 April 2019 Day 05: Chutanga Zatra La 4600 M. - Chatrarbu (Thuli Khark)- Lodge
18 April 2019 Day 06: Chatrarbu (Thuli Khark) – Kothey 3090m.
19 April 2019 Day 07: Kothey – Thangnak 4355 M – Lodge
20 April 2019 Day 08: Thangnak – Khare – Lodge
21 April 2019 Day 09: Khare – Mera BC – Camping
22 April 2019 Day 10: Mera BC 5415m.– Seto Pokhari -Camping.
23 April 2019 Day 11: Seto Pokhari – Baruntse BC 5400m.- Camping
24 April – 12 May 2019 Day 12 - 30 Climbing period of Mt. Baruntse 7129m
13 May 2019 Day 31: Baruntse BC – Setopokhari -Camping
14 May 2019 Day 32: Setopokhari – Mera La – Khare – Lodge
15 May 2019 Day 33: Khare to Kothey – Lodge
16 May 2019 Day 34: Kothey to Chutanga – Lodge
17 May 2019 Day 35: Chutanga to Lukla – Lodge
18 May 2019 Day 36: Fly to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
19 May 2019 Day 37: Free day in Kathmandu
20 May 2019 Day 38: Final Departure
- Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
- Kathmandu Hotel room with Breakfast (B) basis.
- Complete camping equipment for trekking & base camp.
- Food during trekking and Base Camp for Member & Staff.
- Expedition Permit, National Park fee.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees
- One High Altitude Sherpa every 4 members.
- One North Face Tent per member for Base Camp
- Requird nepali staff.
- Government Liaison Officer.
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance.
- Flight: Ktm-Lukla -Ktm, for member & Sherpa Staffs.
- Cargo: Ktm-Lukla-Ktm.
- Agency charge.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary.
- Last Farewell Dinner.
- Final departure transfer to airport and assistance for check in flight
- High Altitude Food & Equipment for Member & Sherpa.
- Lunch and dinner during Kathmandu Hotel stay.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drink etc.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Extra porter US$ 160 each for 30Kg (up to BC & return)
- Personal nature all bar bill.
One of the best Trekking route among Everest region.The Trekking spot which me and our team had selected was amazing and our team is always thanking for their well service,hospitality and geniality to the family of Skyline treks & Expedition.I would like to urge with those who is peeping for an Expedition could join their hands with Skyline Treks & expedition. .
Marcos & Team