Cho Oyu Expedition from Tibet Overview
Cho Oyu (8201 meters) is world’s sixth highest mountain; however it is the easiest to climb among the other 8000 meter high mountains for our Cho Oyu Expedition from Tibet.
Ever since Austrian team of mountaineers ascended the peak from Tibet’s side in 1954, the peak expedition is one of the most popular expeditions that Tibet has to offer. However, not many attempt the expedition from Nepalese side as the south face of the Cho Oyu Mountain is very steep and challenging, so obviously the route is rarely attempted. Tibet offers a very safe route to the mountain and provides access to modern mountaineering services.
Cho Oyu Expedition from Tibet needs proper planning, so our expert Sherpa climbing team will set up advanced base camp before starting the climb. Also, further three camps are placed en-route to the summit. Wind is one of the major obstacles to deal with during the expedition, so our Sherpa experts do the strong planning to help you succeed with the Cho Oyu expedition.
We at Skyline Treks and Expedition have years of experience organizing the fully organized Cho Oyu Expedition from Tibet. We can take care of it all, starting from providing logistical support to obtaining expedition permissions also including high altitude climbing assistants!
13 April 2014 Day 02: Prepare visa & expedition
14 April 2014 Day 03: Kathmandu
15 April 2014 Day 04: Drive to Kodari & transfer Zhangmu – hotel
16 April 2014 Day 05: Drive Nylam 2750m. - Hotel
17 April 2014 Day 06: Nylam rest for acclimatization – Hotel
18 April 2014 Day 07: Drive Tingri 4340m. – Hotel
19 April 2014 Day 08: Rest of day for acclimatized - Hotel
20 April 2014 Day 09: Drive to Base Camp 5000m. Camping
21 April 2014 Day 10: Chinese Base Camp – camping
22 April 2014 Day 11: Prepared load to Yak for ABC-camping
23 April 2014 Day 12: Base Camp - Middle camp with Yaks
24 April 2014 Day 13: Middle Camp - A.B.C 5700m. –camping
25 April - 21 May 2014 Day 14-40: Climbing Period for Cho Oyu 8201m.
22 May 2014 Day 41: Advance Base camp - Base camp –camping
23 May 2014 Day 42: drive Base Camp - Zhangmu - Hotel
24 May 2014 Day 43: Drive Zhangmu - Kathmandu – Hotel
25 May 2014 Day 44: Kathmandu – hotel
26 May 2014 Day 45: Final Departure
- 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast tourist standard hotel
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy,
- ABC guide & mountaineering gears till to the ABC Dining tent,
- Table, Chairs, toilet tent & Kitchen tent are provided; and our staff get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Travel Permit for the expedition staff
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side Zhangmu, Nyalam & Tingri (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand or similar)
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC-ABC
- Per person's (20 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp - Zhangmu (vice versa) are provided the Mini bus or Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment + expedition food carrying
- Climbing permit for Cho Oyu 8201meter If join Trekker or BC – ABC member includes all services
- Cook and Helper permit fee USD 3000 each staff is includes.
- Tibet Visa for member + Nepali staff
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese staff life & medical insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency if use, pay it
- Welcome dinner typical Nepali restaurant with songs & dance
- Air or land travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Laundry, telephone calls, all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment,
- Climbing food above the base camp
- Bar bills & Beverage.
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Permit fee of Walkie-Talkie
- Tips for Expedition staff
- Emergency rescue jeep incase needed
- Extra yak USD 200
- Any extra expenses
If you want to find another meaning of life or feel real nature power and risk sometimes:-), I wish you to visit Nepal! Its not just Everest highest peak and other regular notion we can imagine before… Its about honest people and their culture, your guts and amazing mountains. We made Gokiyo trek to Renjo la for 10 days in the end of may (weather was perfect!!!) and came back same way. All organization (tickets, transfer, hotels and etc.) of our trip was made by SkyLine company. I really was surprised about your work, guys!!! I appreciate your service and honest. Thank you so much, you are the best . See you at next year. Whole 10 mount stayed until my next trip to Nepal and I wish not to think about it, cause started to miss straightway.