Cho Oyu Expedition Overview
Cho Oyu Expeditions is almost every mountaineer’s favorite, especially of the ones’ who want to ascend one of 8000 meter high peaks at any cost. Despite being world’s sixth highest mountain, Cho oyu expedition from Nepal side one of the easiest peaks to climb among its fellow 8000 high Himalayan Mountains.
Expedition to Cho oyu is direct and relatively short with few small technical sections which can be climbed successfully using fixed lines. However, before setting you up for a Mt. Cho Oyu expedition, it’s important for us to gain a full understanding of your body’s response to altitude and help you gain experience with Himalayan conditions.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
11 April 2014 Day 02: Preparation expedition
12 April 2014 Day 03: Expedition Briefing in Tourism Ministry
13 April 2014 Day 04: Flight to Lukla 2800m. & trek to Phakding 2600m. Lodge
14 April 2014 Day 05: Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m. – Lodge
15 April 2014 Day 06: Namche rest for acclimatization
16 April 2014 Day 07: Namche - Phortse Tenga 3680 m. – lodge
17 April 2014 Day 08: Phortse Tenga - Macharmo 4470 m. - lodge
18 April 2014 Day 09: Machermo - Gokyo – 4790 m. – Lodge
19 April 2014 Day 10: Gokyo – Gyazumba Tsho Lake 5000 m. – camping
20 April 2014 Day 11: Gyazumba Lake - Cho Oyo South Face Expedition 5200m. – Camping
21 April – 18 May 2014 Day 11 – 38 Climbing Period of Cho Oyu 8201M
19 May 2014 Day 39: Cho Oyu Base camp – Gokyo Lake - Lodge
20 May 2014 Day 40: Gokyo Lake – Dole – Lodge
21 May 2014 Day 41: Dole – Namche Bazaar – Lodge
22 May 2014 Day 42: Namche – Lukla Lodge
23 May 2014 Day 43: Fly to Kathmandu & transfer hotel
24 May 2014 Day 44: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
25 May 2014 Day 45: Final Departure to the Airport
- Permit Fee (Royalty) of Cho-Oyu.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu 5 nights with bed & breakfast (B) basis
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets & 50 kg. cargo of equipment more extra cost
- Full board trekking with lodge & Food for BC Expedition period
- Porter or Yak Lukla to BC & while back to Lukla
- Equipment: 1 tent for 1 person, trekking equipment for Base Camp, dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses
- All kitchen equipment for Base Camp
- Liaison office allowances, equipment allowances for staff, flight ticket, insurance for Nepalese staffs, Officer during the expedition period
- Permit and National park fees
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Kitchen helper, Necessary porters or Yak
- All necessary taxes.
- Agency service charge
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- High altitude (climbing) food, fuel, Gas above BC & personal climbing gear
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills extra expenses for personal
- Walkie-talkie and Climbing Sherpa
This Expedition is one of the most favourite destination Expedition for all the guests from the world and it was also our favor Treks.If someone is feeling perplex and cant choose the Trekking office then for those i would like to provide them sensible advice,please knock the door of Skyline Treks & Expedition for your rely service.45 days Treks of Cho Oyu Expedition was elation for our groups and it would be always fresh on our minds.we will try our best with great hope for next time to next new and adventurous Expedition.Thanks to Skyline Treks for your timely service. .
Chris & family