Dolpo Festival Trekking Overview
Dolpo Festival Trekking in the Upper Dolpo is a hidden land of Dolpo where Tibetan styles Bon-culture and Bhotiya culture still alive. The region still untouched with modern world’s facilities and have bestowed typical culture and tradition.The geographical structure rugged, terrine & remoteness are its interesting features.
The Shey festival 2018 is going to be organised at Shey Gonpa. Shey Gonpa has its legendary connection in Buddhism. A mythical says that a ascetic master Duptop Singhe Yiese had been arrived in Shay during dragon year,while he had been arrived there, the place was whole of devils & people were in terrible situation.With riding on lion the masters had destroyed all the devils and settled the people. Since that, in every 12 years cycle the festival occurred still now. So Year 2018 August 28th to September 2nd is the great ceremonial occasion Dragon Year.
Skyline Treks and Expedition is an official tour operator during the Dolpo festival trekking – 28 days. Skyline Treks is also a Festival partner. During the festival Explore Dolpo have various kinds of treks & tour packages.
August 13th 2018 / Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square (B)
August 14th 2018 / Day 03: 6 hrs drive to Pokhara by tourist bus/ Hotel
August 15th 2018 / Day 04: 25 minutes fly to Jomsom (2710m) and commence trek to Dangarjong (3290m) (L, D)
August 16th 2018 / Day 05: Dangarjong to Yak Kharka (3540m) (B, L, D)
August 17th 2018 / Day 06: Yak Kharka to Sangdang Phedi (4215m) (B, L, D)
August 18th 2018 / Day 07: Sangdang Phedi to Milung Kharka (4735m) via Sangda La (5460m) (B, L, D)
August 19th 2018 / Day 08: Milung Kharka to Chharka phedi (4530m) (B, L, D)
August 20th 2018 / Day 09: Chharka phedi to Ramanan Kharka (4627m) via Chharka La (4920m) (B, L, D)
August 21st 2018 / Day 10: Ramanan Kharka to Do Tarap (4040m) via 4800m pass (B, L, D)
August 22nd 2018 / Day 11: Do Tarap to Tokkyu Village (4060m) (B, L, D)
August 23rd 2018 / Day 12: Tokkyu Village to Chutung Dang (3967m) via Jeng La ( 5110m) (B, L, D)
August 24th 2018 / Day 13: Chutung Dang to Chibu Kharka (3915m) (B, L, D)
August 25th 2018 / Day 14: Chibu Kharka to Saldang (4100m) (B, L, D)
August 26th 2018 / Day 15: Saldang to Yang Tsser village (4300m) (B, L, D)
August 27th 2018 / Day 16: Yang Tsser village to Karang ( 4100m) (B, L, D)
August 28th 2018 / Day 17: Karang to Samling Gompa (3800m) (B, L, D)
August 29th 2018 / Day 18: Festival Day Start,* Samling Gompa to Shey Gompa (4500m) via Shey La (5010m) (B, L, D)
August 30th 2018 / Day 19: Enjoy the Festival Day at Leisure (B, L, D)
August 31st 2018 / Day 20: Enjoy the Festival Day at Leisure (B, L, D)
September 01st 2018 / Day 21: Shey Gompa to Yak Kharka (4500m) (B, L, D)
September 02nd 2018 / Day 22: Yak Kharka to Ringmu/Phoksundo Lake (3730m) (B, L, D)
September 03rd 2018 / Day 23: Phoksundo Lake to Sepka (B, L, D)
September 04th 2018 / Day 24: Sepka to Rahagaon (B, L, D)
September 05th 2018 / Day 25: Rahagaon to Dunai (2050m) (B, L, D)
September 06th 2018 / Day 26: Dunai to Juphal (2345m) (B, L, D)
September 07th 2018 / Day 27: Fly to KTM via Nepalgunj /Hotel. And rest of the time for shopping (B)
September 08th 2018 / Day 28: Final departure to the Airport for return flight. (B)
- All airport/hotel transfers by our private car.
- Welcome dinner at Nepali Typical Restaurant at Bhancha Ghar with culture show.
- All domestic flights (Pokhara-Jomsom, Jhuphal - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu)
- All ground transportation
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant trekking leader (2-8 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; special trekking permit for Upper Dolpo trek Skyline Treks & Expedition duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map Camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue service arrangements
- All government and local taxes
Cost does Not include:
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel room and all accommodation such as Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, sleeping bag, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.) Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Helicopter evacuation incase of immergency.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Tips for guides and porters
Dear Madhav and the Skyline Team,
Just wanted to say thank you very much for helping to make our trip to Nepal so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - enjoying both the 28 days trekking in Dolpo festival. You and your team were all very helpful and kind with the arrangements both before hand and during our trip.
Rachel & Tom