Everest base camp trekking Overview
Ever since Sir. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay first ascended the Mount Everest in the 1950s’ from the Nepalese part of the mountain; thousands of daring hearts have flocked to the region to explore the serene beauty of the region. Also, known a ‘trek to EBC’, Everest base camp trek is the most popular trekking routes of the Everest region.
Our package to the Everest base camp kalapathar trek is 16 days long, which ideally commences from a flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Once we land at Lukla, we trek up to the Dudh Koshi Valley, enclosed by the sky-high peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Khumbu Sherpa’s, where we get bestowed with the breathtakingly beautiful mountain sceneries. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to explore and enjoy the rich culture of the local people. The trail then follows the famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a splendid 360 degree panorama awaits. The views of Mighty Everest, ‘the Lhotse Nuptse wall, AmaDablam and Kantega dominates this tranquil and spiritual site. The early morning view from Tengboche is absolutely superlative and mesmerizing that captivates you with its memories that lasts a lifetime.
What makes our Everest base camp trek length stand out from the rest?
There are more than 100 trekking companies in and around ‘Thamel’ itself and number rising to more than thousands if numbered all over the country. We at Skyline have been carefully planning and handling ‘Everest Base Camp’ treks through last two decades. Our packages are much more than just the standard pattern of the trek; we treat each of our clients like a friend and take care of them like our own family. The beauty around the Everest base camp has lots to offer from the captivating beauty of snow-capped mountains, bulky rocks, beautiful landscapes, wildlife experience, and wide ecological diversity to the rich and profound cultures of the local people. ‘The Everest Camp Trek’ package has it all to create memories to last you a life-time, but what’s equally important is that you travel along with experienced guides and friendly organizers who will make you feel at home.
We are taking bookings and inquiries for Everest base camp, please feel free to drop us an email and contact us via social media. We can plan your perfect trek to Everest base camp together 🙂
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square. (B)
Day 03: 40 minutes Fly to Lukla (2728m) and commence trek to Phakding (2640m) 2 and half hrs (B.L.D)
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3446m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche (B.L.D)
Day 06: Namche to Tengbuche (3870m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 07: Tengbuche to Dingbuche (4410m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 08: Acclimatization day in Dingbuche (B.L.D)
Day 09: Dingboche to Lobuche (4930m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 10: Lobuche to Gorak Shep, and ascent of Everest Base Camp (5350m) than return back to Gorak Shep. 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 11: Early morning before sunrise visit to Kala Pattar for the best panoramic view (5545m). And return back to Gorakshep, having breakfast than continue trek down to Lobuche (4930m). 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 12: Trek down to Pangbuche (3370m). 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 13: Pangbuche to Namche Bazaar 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 14: Namche Bazaar to Lukla 7 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 15: Morning after breakfast 40 minutes fly back to Kathmandu. And check in hotel. Rest of the time for shopping (B)
Day 16: Final departure to the airport by our private vehicle. (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast (B) basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide and his fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in Lodge (Tea House)
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- All land transfer as per above itinerary by our private vehicle
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.