Gokyo Chola Pass Trek in Nepal
Are you looking for an adrenaline rush? Then Gokyo Chola Pass Trek is what you have seeking out for!
The trek is pretty long ranging from 18-21 days long, filled with challenges. However, once you make it through the challenge, the prize of the nature is equally rewarding and unforgettable. The final challenge of the trek is to hike up to Chola Pass at 5,420 meters and make more interesting and difficult climbs to Gokyo Ri, Chukkung Ri and Kala Patthar for the never seen before mountain views, ice-falls and glaciers of ‘Mahalangur Himalayan ranges’. It’s like playing a tough game, the higher level you reach, the more rewards you gain. Once you reach the pass, you will be left spellbound with the spectacular views of five 8,000 meter high peaks – Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Lhotse and Shar.
The scenic landscapes, yak grazing settlements, pristine blue lakes coupled with mesmerizing beauty of snow-capped sky-high mountain peaks, artistic monasteries and unique lifestyle; this trek to Gokyo Chola pass is like a poetry that touches your soul and leaves it’s mark.
Our trek to Gokyo Cho La Pass has everything that the ‘Everest Region’ has in its palette including fantastic mountain views, unique culture of local people, picturesque villages, artistic Tibetan monasteries and friendly Sherpa’s. So, Do you dare to lose yourself in its beauty?
Day 02:Trek preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing Tour. Overnight at hotel. (B)
Day 03:Fly to Lukla and commence trek to Phakding (2652m) 3 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 05:Acclimatization day, hike to Everest view hotel (3900m) 4 hrs. (B.L.D)
Day 06:Trek to Dole (4190m) 5 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 07:Trek to Machhermo (4410m) 5 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 08:Trek to Gokyo Lake (4750m) 4 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 09:Hike to Gokyo RI (5360m) 4 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 10:Gokyo Lake to Dragnak (4700m) 3 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 11:Trek to Dzongla (4830m) via Chola pass (5420m) 7 hrs. (B.L.D)
Day 12:Trek to Lobuche (4910m) 3 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 13: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m), and return to Gorekshep (5180m) 8 hrs. (B.L.D)
Day 14: Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m) - Gorekshep - Pheriche (4210m) 7 hrs. (B.L.D)
Day 15:Trek to Namche, 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse, (B.L.D)
Day 16: Trek to Lukla, 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse, (B.L.D)
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu (1337m) 30 - min. Overnight at hotel, inclusive of breakfast (B)
Day 18: Final departure to your home country. (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on Breakfast, (B) basis
- All land transfer as per above itinerary
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fees
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fees.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & porovided each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel Insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and All bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
Dear Madhav and the Skyline Team
Just wanted to say thank you very much for helping to make our trip to Nepal so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - enjoying both the tour of Kathmandu and the 17 days trekking. You and your team were all very helpul and kind with the arrangements both before hand and during our trip.
Rachel & Tom