Himlung Expedition Overview
Himlung Himal was only opened very recently for the Himlung Expedition. It’s places between Mt. Manaslu and the Annapurna ranges. Himlung Himal expedition makes an amazing expedition cum trekking trip as the trail passes through very remote villages ‘Nar’ and ‘Phu’ at the Nepal and Tibet border.
We set up our first camp at 4900 meters at the upper border of ‘Phu’; however we normally set up three high camps to ascend the mountain. First Camp at 5450 meters, Second Camp at 6000 meters and a Final Camp at 6360 meters. The route towards Himlung always passes through high peaks, glaciers, remote villages, dense forests, monasteries and unique cultural settlements. Collectively, expedition offers mysterious culture coupled with panoramic views of Nandadevi, Rajramba, Api Himal, Kappa Chuli peak and much more.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
- 15 April 2014 Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- 16 April 2014 Day 02: Preparing expedition
- 17 April 2014 Day 03: Expedition briefing in Ministry of tourism
- 18 April 2014 Day 04: Drive Kathmandu – Besi sahar – Chamche – lodge
- 19 April 2014 Day 05: Syange – Tal - Lodge
- 20 April 2014 Day 06: Tal – Koto – Lodge
- 21 April 2014 Day 07: Koto – Daramsala – camping
- 22 April 2014 Day 08: Daramsala – Phu Khola – camping
- 23 April 2014 Day 09: Phu Khola – Phugaun – Camping
- 24 April 2014 Day 10: Phugaun – Himlung Base camp-camping
- 25 April – 11 May 2014 Day 11-27: Climbing Period of mount Himlung
- 12 May 2014 Day 28: Preparation for depart
- 13 May 2014 Day 29: Base Camp – Phugaun
- 14 May 2014 Day 30: Phu Khola - Dharmasal
- 15 May 2014 Day 31: Daramsala – Koto
- 16 may 2014 Day 32: Koto – Tal
- 17 May 2014 Day 33: Tal – Chamche & drive to Kathmandu
- 18 May 2014 Day 34: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
- 19 May 2014 Day 35: Final Departure to the Airport
- All ground transfers as per our itinerary.
- Hotel in Kathmandu (Bed and breakfast basis)
- Guided sightseeing around world heritage sites of Kathmandu.
- Trekking Sherpa, Trekking Sirdar, High Altitude Cook, Kitchen Helpers, High altitude Porters and their daily wages.
- All Custom Clearance Fees for your gears.
- Mount Himlung Royalty (USD (3,000.00 for the team upto 7 members).
- Liaison Officer Fee Including his all expenses, Airfares, foods, insurance and wages).
- National Park Permit Fees.
- Experienced Climbing Sherpa with their equipments and allowance. (They will continue to the summit for your support).
- Three times meal a day till reaching Base Camp and after returning from Base Camp, prepared by our very professional kitchen crew.
- Transportation of all of your gears and our equipments, foods to the Himlung Higher Base Camp (5600m).
- All the Camping & Kitchen Equipment
- Medical treatment (if necessary) for our crew.
- Expenses of personal nature such as bottled drinks, mineral water, tips. etc.
- Rescue and evacuation - if needed.
- Personal medical and travel insurance.
- Deposits for using Communication Sets (Walkie / Talkie and other Satphones).
- Garbage Deposit (US$ 3000.00), which is refundable after the Expedition.
- All arrangements above Base Camp (5600m) (Climbing Tents / High altitude foods etc)
By the great support ofSkyline Treks & Expedition we got the golden opportunity to embrace the beauty of mountain atHimlung Expedition in Gandaki region.7000 meter attempting was our grave achievement and massive experienced for our groups.We got knew that Himlung treks was an ideal Expedition and we had conquest to the targeted destiny for the altitude and it gave us peculiar experiences to a new level at the arena of treks.According to our experienced from the month of March-May and September-November is the appropriate season for the expedition.During our treks we have passed stunning scaling through snow and which was the unforgettable significant moment of our life. Manaslu and Annapurna ranges are standing side of Mt Himlung which is phenomenal views of our Expedition.Generally we crossed three base camp to feel and explore our mission to sensation of Mt. Himlung. Overall it was our fascinating treks through Skyline Treks and a lot of thanks to the entire member of the intellectual company. .
Jonson & Groups