Island Peak Climbing Overview
Island Peak Climbing to the Island Peak (6,189m) also known as ‘Imja Tse‘ located at the heart of the ‘Everest region’ is one of the most popular trekking peaks of the Everest region despite of very difficult climbing conditions. The name ‘Island peak’ was given to the mountain by Eric Shipton in 1952 as he got reminded of an island in a sea of ice upon looking at the peak. Island peak climbing is well suited for climbers seeking for thrill of climbing a Himalayan peak.
We at Skyline Treks and Expedition can also combine ‘Island peak’ climbing with ‘Everest base camp trek’ to add more adventure to the trip. Hence, you can experience some of the most popular trekking destinations of the Everest region before beginning the peak climbing. We take you through ‘Everest Base Camp’ and ‘Kala Patthar’ for the up close views of Mt. Everest and other world’s highest mountains. After enjoying the great views of the spectacular peaks, we acclimatize and descend to Chhukung and get ready for ‘Island peak’ climb.
The island peak climbing combining Everest base camp is specially designed for the physically fit and adventure seekers who are longing for both trekking and climbing experience at the same time. If this trip isn’t what you’re looking for then you may want to follow through our other peak climbing packages. Or please feel free to get in touch with us for additional details!
Day 02: Free day for sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. (B)
Day 03: 40 minutes flight from Kathmandu (1,350m) - Lukla (2,840m).and commence trek to Phakding (2,610m). (3-4 hours).Overnight Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche (3,446m) (5-6 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 05: Rest day at Namche for acclimatization. Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 06: Namche to Tengboche (3,860m) (5 hrs). Overnight Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 07: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410m) (5 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 08: Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m) (6 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 09: Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp to High Camp. Overnight Tent Camp. (B,L,D)
Day 10: Acclimatization day incase of due to bad weather. Overnight Tent Camp. (B,L,D)
Day 11: Summit the Island Peak (6,189m / 21,210 ft). Return back to Base Camp. Overnight Tent Camp. (B,L,D)
Day 12: Trek Island Peak Base Camp to Dingboche (4,410m) (5 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 13: Trek Dingboche to Tengboche (3,860m) (4 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 14: Trek Tengboche to Namche (3,440m) (3 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 15: Trek Namche to Lukla (2,840m) (5-6 hrs). Overnight Lodge. (B,L,D)
Day 16: Lukla Fly back to Kathmandu (1310m) transfer to hotel. (B)
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping (B)
Day 18: Final departure to the Airport by our private vehicle (B)
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotels on twin sharing room including breakfast
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit fee.
- Peak permit charge and a climbing Sherpa
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Kathmandu hotel Lunch and Dinner (L ,D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance. Nevertheless the contribution of each participant will be around US$ 170.00
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc .
Dear,Dheeraj. Through this climbing we forgot all of our pain,sorrow and disappointment of our life and felt so jubilant when we did this Island peak climbing.Our 18 days of Trekking was started from Kathmandu the city of ancient assortment before a boarding on a flight towards mountainous or alpine village of Lukla which is the access gateway to Everest region.We were coming near and near to the mountain following the wide path of khumbu village, the village which is renowned for its enchanting hospitality at their resident.This superior Expedition intent us to ascent the elevation of 6189 meter for Island peak.At this Treks we feel the marvelous views of Himalayan monster Mt Everest, Makalu and Lhotse.Thanks to Skyline Treks & Expedition for allowing us to introduce with such kinds of remarkable mountainous peak,dome glacier and its outstanding beauty.Overall our Treks to Everest region was tremendous and we don't have more words to expound about the Expedition because everyone should feel its natural beauty.Well done Skyline Treks & entire family we appreciate your job.
Name: phill cocou & Team.