Kali Gandaki Trek
In Kali Gandaki trekking, you explore the valley, the deepest river gorge in the world due to the drop between the tops of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna.
The valley has desert-like landscapes, barren and dusty hillsides with the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges by its sides. Numerous dramas, movies, documentaries have been made on the famous and intense Kali-Gandaki valley projecting the tough yet inspiring struggle of the local people with the very hard topography of the kali Gandaki valley. The upper part of the kali gandaki gorge is also called Thak Khola after the local Thakali people who became prosperous from trans-Himalayan trade. Hence, you get welcomed into the valley by hospitable Thakali people and the system of lodges and tea-houses is also well-developed. Thakali cuisine consisting of phaper dhido, roti, gundrunk achaar, local rice with mutton curry is the most famous Nepalese cuisine.
So, the trail won’t disappoint the food lovers, as they get to eat the tasty Thakali food while enjoying the raw beauty of the Kali Gandaki valley.
Day 02: 7 hrs drive or 30 min fly to Pokhara (950m).
Day 03: 1½ Drive to Nayapul and start trek to Tikedhunga (1575m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 04: Tikedhunga to Ghorepani (2853m) 6 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 05: Trek to Tatopani (1189m) 7 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 06: Trek to Ghasa (2013m) 6 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 07: Trek to Marpha (2665m) 6 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 08: Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 09: Trek to Jomsom (2710m) 3 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 10: Morning 30 minutes fly to Pokhara and transfer to hotel.(B)
Day 11: 7 hrs drive or 30 min fly back to Kathmandu (B)
Day 12: Final departure to the Airport for return home (B)
- Airport pickup and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel room on bed with Breakfast (B) basis
- All land transfer as per above itinerary
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (T.I.M.S) permits fees.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in lodge
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder trekking Guide and porter
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Domestic Airfare from Kathmandu to Pokhara (One-way) per person US$ 92 only (If you required)
- Items of personal nature ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
Madhav, I didn’t really know what I was getting thro’ when I first signed up with Skyline. I recalled I gave a suspicious eye on the first day of our acquaintance. But this whole experience turned out to be more than satisfaction as Skyline did assign your agent who took extra effort to ensure that I was in proper care. Without any trekking experience or any exercise prior to my trip, the trekking of 10 hours was another great challenge for an old man like me. I couldn’t forget that our guide offered me a better hotel at Jomsom upon knowing that I was not feeling so well. Except for the Pashima, I did enjoy my trip in Nepal and was some how uneasy to leave you guys ‘coz I believe we have matured into a friendship than a customer/ tour agent relationship.
Nonetheless, have to say goodbye to you guys especially to my dear friend Madhav In all, I would like to thank you and staff of Skyline for the professional effort that you guys had put in to make my lonely stay in Nepal so memorable. I don’t know if it would be 1 or 2 years after I return to Nepal.