Lhakpa Ri Expedition from Tibet Overview
Lhakpa Ri Expedition from Tibet to the ‘Lhakpa Ri’, often referred as Everest’s cousin, is placed next to Mt. Everest. Therefore, once you’re at the top of Lhakpa Ri, you feel as if you’re on Everest’s top.
Lhakpa Ri separates the upper east Rombuk and beautiful Kharta glacier. Our expedition trip to Lhakpa Ri Expedition from Tibet starts from Lhasa, the ancient city of Tibet. After few days of acclimatization, we begin our expedition ahead towards the middle camp at 5780 meters. After heading upwards to advance base camp (6400m), we reach almost the level of East Rombuk glacier to theRolphu La. It’s is a fantastic spot to enjoy the magnificent views of Mt. Makalu and Mt. Kanchenjunga! This is where we get our first good look to our route up to Lhakpa Ri. After crossing through the crevasses and slopes from the Rongbuk and Kharta glacier, we make it to the north ridge of the summit. Following through the same ridges, we finally ascend the summit of Lhakpa Ri; you will be left spellbound with the outstanding views of the mountain peaks.
The mountain is also featured in Lucy Walker’s famous experimental documentary, ‘Blind sight: Himalayas – The Summit of Happiness’. The documentary features the fascinating adventure of six visually challenged (“blind”) Tibetan teenagers who embark on their adventure to climb Lhakpa Ri under the guidance of blind educator and adventurer Sabriye Tenberken, and the famous blind climber Erik Weihenmayer.
We at Skyline have years of experience carrying out amazing and successful expeditions to the world’s highest peaks from the both Tibet and Nepalese side. Please feel free to get in touch with us for more details on the packages we offerr.
03rd September 2014 Day 02: Prepare Expedition Tibet visa – hotel
04th September 2014 Day 03: Prepare Kathmandu – hotel
05th September 2014 Day 04: Drive to Kodari - Cross border & Zhangmu – hotel
06th September 2014 Day 05: Zhangmu – Nyalam – Hotel
07th September 2014 Day 06: Nyalam – Tingri – Hotel
08th September 2014 Day 07: Tingri Acclimatized – hotel
09th September 2014 Day 08: Tingri - Lhakpa Ri Base Camp – camping
10th September 2014 Day 09: Lhakpa Ri Base Camp – camping
11th September 2014 Day 10: Lhakpa Ri Base Camp - Middle Camp – camping
12th September 2014 Day 11: Middle Camp - ABC Camp – camping
13th - 27th September 2014 Day 12-26: Climbing period of Lhakpa Ri
28th September 2014 Day 27: ABC – Base camp
29th September 2014 Day 28: Base camp – Zhangmu
30th September 2014 Day 29: Kodari to Kathmandu – hotel
01st October 2014 Day 30: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
02nd October 2014 Day 31: Final Departure to the Airport
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast at standard Hotel
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, are provided; and our staff get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Travel Permit for the expedition crew
- Full board hotel in route to Zhangmu, Nyalam & Tingri (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face or similar)
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC to ABC
- Per person's (20 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to the ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp is provided the Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment and after expedition drive to Lhasa & fly back to Kathmandu. Staff will be go back to Kathmandu by truck with your climbing gear
- Climbing permit for Lhakpa Ri
- Tibet Visa
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese staff life & medical insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency & if use pay it
- Satellite phone (Pay call)
- Welcome dinner typical Nepali restaurant with songs & dance
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls, and all other items of personal nature
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal
- Personal Expenses
- Medical and rescue insurance
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Bar bills & Beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Security Deposit USD 500 (Sharing of the total person)
- Permit fee of Walkie-Talkie.
- Extra yak, Per Yak's USD 200.00 will be charge till to 50 KG load.
If you want to find another meaning of life or feel real nature power and risk sometimes:-), I wish you to visit Nepal! Its not just Everest highest peak and other regular notion we can imagine before… Its about honest people and their culture, your guts and amazing mountains. We made Gokiyo trek to Renjo la for 10 days in the end of may (weather was perfect!!!) and came back same way. All organization (tickets, transfer, hotels and etc.) of our trip was made by SkyLine company. I really was surprised about your work, guys!!! I appreciate your service and honest. Thank you so much, you are the best . See you at next year. Whole 10 mount stayed until my next trip to Nepal and I wish not to think about it, cause started to miss straightway.