Mani Rimdu Festival Trek, the most important festival of the Sherpa’s’, held during the tenth lunar month of the Tibetan calendar. It is a ten-day festival celebrated with nonstop prayers, followed with ritual dances by masked monks with public blessing offered by holiest lama Rinpoche that falls on the full moon day of Tibetan ninety month (October/November/December).
Mani Rimdu festival is celebrated largely at Tengboche, Thame and Chiwang monasteries of the Khumbu region. This trek combines ‘trek to Everest base camp’ aimed at experiencing the festival at ‘Tengboche Monastery’. You can think of it as the experience of solid culture at one of the highest altitude of earth.
Apart from the religious importance, festival of ‘Mani Rimdu‘ also is a big social gathering that draws people from all villages of Khumbu region together. Festival is one of a kind experience that is bound to leave you speechless, so hurry up and contact us today to book for this awesome experience today!
November 18th 2015 / Day 02:Fly to Lukla (2800m) & commence trek to Phakding (2640m) 4 hrs (B.L.D)
November 19th 2015 / Day 03:Trek to Namche Bazar (3446m) 6 hrs (B.L.D)
November 20th 2015 / Day 04:Acclimatization in Namche (B.L.D)
November 21st 2015 / Day 05:Trek to Thame (3800m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
November 22nd 2015 / Day 06:Thame (ONG - blessing) (B.L.D)
November 23rd 2015 / Day 07:Thame (CHAM - mask dance) (B.L.D)
November 24th 2015 / Day 08:Thame (JINSAK - closing) (B.L.D)
November 25th 2015 / Day 09:Trek to Namche (3446m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
November 26th 2015 / Day 10:Trek to Lukla (2800m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
November 27st 2015 / Day 11:Fly to Kathmandu and rest of time for shopping.(B)
November 28th 2015 / Day 12:Final departure to the Airport for return home (B)
- Airport pickup and drop off by our private car
- 4 nights Kathmandu hotel room on Breakfast (B) basis
- All land transfer as per above itineraries by our private vehicle
- Flight from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu per person US$ 230 only
- Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fees
- Trekkers Informations Management System (TIMS) permit fees.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day such as Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (B,L,D) while on the trek in Lodges (Tea house)
- Fully escorted trek with a english speaking license holder local sherpa trekking guide and each 2 persons 1 porter
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Helicopter rescue service arrangement (If necessity)
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Travel Insurance (this is a mandatory condition of booking)
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, Soft/hard drinks, Tips
Dear Madhav and the Skyline Team
Just wanted to say thank you very much for helping to make our trip to Nepal so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - enjoying both the tour of Kathmandu and the 17 days trekking. You and your team were all very helpful and kind with the arrangements both before hand and during our trip.
Rachel & Tom