Khongma Tse (Mehra) Peak Climbing Overview
Khongma Tse (Mehra) Peak Climbing also called ‘Khongma Tse’ at the height of 5,849 meters is one of the several peaks that make the long south-west ridge of ‘Mt. Nuptse’. The peak is located north of the Kongma-La above the Khumbu glacier, opposite to theLobuche peak. The expedition trail follows the route of the Everest Base Camp until leaving for ‘Imja valley’ and the east side of the Kongma La. The primary routes of ascent are from the south and cross many moraines between two well-marked lakes below the snout of the glacier. Mehra peak has a diamond-shaped glacier that hands above a steeply inclined rock wall making the peak’s North face, which is in turn slashed by a diagonal ice ramp leading to the tower lower edge of the glacier from Gorakshep.
Mehra Peak climbing is technically easy and relatively shorter than the other climbing well-suited for the ones’ wishing for a short and easy peak climbing. Most importantly, we take of all your climbing needs such as providing quality equipment, excellent food, trekking porters and experienced climbing leader so that you can only focus on the Peak climbing and nothing else!
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu for prepare the trip(B)
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and overnight camp. (B.L.D)
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m) (B, L, D)
Day 05: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.(B, L, D)
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3867m) (B, L, D)
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4343m) (B, L, D)
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4887m) (B, L, D)
Day 09: Trek to Khogma Tse (Mehra Peak ) base camp (5400m) (B, L, D)
Day 10: Trek to High Camp (B, L, D)
Day 11: Summit Mehra Peak (5849m) back to Base Camp (B, L, D)
Day 12: Trek to Pangboche (B, L, D)
Day 13: Trek to Namche (B, L, D)
Day 14: Trek to Lukla (B, L, D)
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu 40 minutes by flight and transfer to the Hotel (B)
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel (B)
Day 17: Final departure to the Airport (B)
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotels on twin sharing room including breakfast
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax.
- Sagarmatha conservation area entrance permit.
- Peak permit charge and a climbing Sherpa
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Kathmandu hotel Lunch and Dinner (L ,D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance. Nevertheless the contribution of each participant will be around US$ 170.00
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.
Dear Madhav, We groups have always emanate something new inquisitive feeling from our inly. Thus we were seeking for a reputed company in Nepal and it was our fortune that we got chance to join our friendly hands withSkyline Treks & Expedition for our terrificMehra(Khungma Tse)peak climbing with its 5849 meter of altitude.When we were at our crown we felt the mesmerizing scenery of rises to the north of Kongma La and stands alternate to Lobuje above the glacier of Khumbu. We knew this summit is one of the splendid series among other and makes us up to the long from South to West ridges of Nuptse which is on the middle of Khumbu and the Nuptse glacier.The panorama we amused from Gorak shep and the crown is shaped as a diamond,the glacier hanging over the step of prone rock wall has designed the North face of the peak we make out the seen from the lakes of Kongma La to the south face of the peak which is decorated by the dome glacier and rocky munitions.We were capable to snatch the sumptuous views of several mountains from its top and those are,Pokhalde peak,pumori and Lho-La.We all gripped a lot by the view of the peaks and as well as luring atmosphere.Conclude, many many acknowledge to the entire member ofSkyline Treks. .
Name:John & Mates