Mera Peak Climbing Overview
Mera Peak Climbing to the famous Mera Peak (6,461m) is the highest trekking peak of Nepal lying in the Everest region of Nepal. The trail that follows through the peak climbing is known to be the most rewarding in terms of mountain panorama and scenic beauty.
The Everest region itself is dominated with sky-high views of Mighty Mount Everest and several other worlds’ highest peaks. Since, Mera Peak itself is Nepal’s highest trekking peak, the Mera Peak Climbing is quite challenging and is only suitable for the experienced and physically fit climbers. However, it’s not very difficult technically, so if you’re fit and determined enough; we at Skyline Treks and Expedition can help you through climbing Mera peak.
We begin our trip to ‘Mera Peak climbing‘ following through a short flight from either Pokhara or Kathmandu to Lukla airstrip. After two days of continuous trekking through the Everest region we reach the starting point of the Mera peak climbing.
Our Mera peak climbing itinerary is designed carefully to allow slow acclimatization for the climbers. Most importantly, we take of all your climbing needs such as providing quality equipment, excellent food, trekking porters and experienced climbing leader so that you can only focus on the Peak climbing and nothing else!
Day 02:Leisure day in Kathmandu (B)
Day 03:Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and overnight camp. (B.L.D)
Day 04:Trek to Chutok- 2800m (5-6 hr).(B.L.D)
Day 05:Trek to Pangkongma - 2950m (5-6 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 06:Trek to Kurke - 3800m (5-6 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 07:Trek to Thuli Kharka-4160m (2-3 hr) and acclimatization day. (B.L.D)
Day 08:Trek to Thasidingma-3650m (6-7 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 09:Trek Thangnak-4320m (6-7 hr) (B.L.D)
Day 10:Rest day at Thangnak.(B.L.D)
Day 11:Trek to Khahare-4870m (6 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 12:Trek to Mera Base Camp-5350m (6 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 13:Mera High Camp - 5800m. (B.L.D)
Day 14:Climb Mera Peak , Summit-6,654m and return to Base camp. (B.L.D)
Day 15:Spare day. (B.L.D)
Day 16:Trek to Chamlang Base camp - 4750m. (B.L.D)
Day 17:Trek to Hunku Nup Lake - 4900m (6 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 18:Trek to Nare Glacier - 5000m (4-5 hr) crossing over Mingbo La-5815m. (B.L.D)
Day 19:Trek to Pangboche - 3980m. (B.L.D)
Day 20:Trek to Namche bazaar-3440m (6-7 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 21:Trek to Lukla - 2800m (7 hr). (B.L.D)
Day 22:Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. Rest of the time for shopping (B)
Day 23:Final departure to the Airport (B)
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotels on twin sharing bed with breakfast (B) basis
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permit fee.
- Mera Peak Climbing permit and a local sherpa climbing guide fee
- Garbage deposit fee
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- All kitchen crew and fully camping gear (two-person tents, foam, mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Kathmandu hotel Lunch and Dinner (L ,D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance. Nevertheless the contribution of each participant will be around US$ 170.00
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.
Dear,Sanjay. 1st of all i would like to thanks the bold company The Skyline Treks & Expedition who is always anxious for how to pacify their client at the time of Trekking with them and they had shown their evidence through us and our team found it by the 23 days of journey with their sincere guide and porter.Our destination Mera peak climbing summit scenic views takes among 8000 meter five worlds highest peak i:e Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse Mt Everest and Cho-oyo. Mera peak climbing commenced with a short duration of air flight at Lukla and we proceeded through Hinku valley.Our team member were physically strong so that they ascended the excel of snow slopes of 30 degrees.When we were at the top of the mountain we found superior scenery of sunlight from Mt Everest and Kanchenjunga where we found the real paradise over there.we had demonstrated that we are the genuine hiker and mountaineers for Expedition as well as the elevation of 6476 meter.Thanks Skyline Treks you are as enormous as The Sky and good job for supporting us.We don't have more words to extol about Mera peak and our Trekking.Through this review i would like to urge with those who wants real Expedition please do join with<> Skyline Treks. .
Name:James with team.