Pokalde Peak Climbing Overview
Pokalde Peak Climbing to the Pokalde peak (5,800m) is one of the shortest and easiest trekking peaks to climb among the other peaks of the Everest region. Therefore, it’s well-suited for the new climbers looking to experience the Himalayan peak climbing.
Pokalde peak is situated only 12 km south-west of Mighty Mt. Everest. The first ascend of Pokalde peak was made in April 1953 via the ridge joining the Pokalde summit with the Kongma La high pass at 5535 meters. We set up our base camp near the lakes beneath Kongma La. The North-East face of the mountain from east of Kongma La is the easiest way to reach the summit. From there, we climb through broken rocks and snow to the summit ridge until we finally make it to its top.
Pokalde Peak climbing is technically easy and relatively shorter than the other climbing well-suited for the ones’ wishing for a short and easy peak climbing. Most importantly, we take of all your climbing needs such as providing quality equipment, excellent food, trekking porters and experienced climbing leader so that you can only focus on the Peak climbing and nothing else!
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley (B)
Day 03: Flight to Lukla (2840m) trek to Phakding (2640m) (B.L.D)
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m) (B.L.D)
Day 05: Acclimatization day (B.L.D)
Day 06: Trek to Phortse Thanga (3600m) (B.L.D)
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo (4410m) (B.L.D)
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo (4750m) (B.L.D)
Day 09: Trek to Gokyo Peak (5480m) (B.L.D)
Day 10: Trek to Nyimagawa (5050m) (B.L.D)
Day 11: Trek to Cho La Pass (5420m) and to Dzongla (4840m) (B.L.D)
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche (4910m) (B.L.D)
Day 13: Trek to Kala Pattar (5545m) & back to Ghorakshep (5140m) (B.L.D)
Day 14: Trek to Everest B. C. (5310m) and back (4910m) (B.L.D)
Day 15: Trek to Pokalde Base Camp (4500m) (B.L.D)
Day 16: Climb to Pokalde summit (5806m) & return to Base Camp (B.L.D)
Day 17: Trek to Tengbuche (3860m) (B.L.D)
Day 18: Trek to Khumjung (3780m) and to Namche (3440m) (B.L.D)
Day 19: Trek to Lukla (2840m) (B.L.D)
Day 20: Spare day incase of flight cancellation (B.L.D)
Day 21: Fly to Kathmandu (1350m) / Hotel (B)
Day 22: Drive to Airport for return flight (B)
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotels on twin sharing room including breakfast
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax.
- Sagarmatha conservation area entrance permit.
- Peak permit charge and a climbing Sherpa
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Kathmandu hotel Lunch and Dinner (L ,D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance. Nevertheless the contribution of each participant will be around US$ 170.00
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.
Dear,Sanjay. Our group is always in fond of new Expedition and this time we found a prestigious company as Skyline Treks & Expedition for Pokhalda Peak climbing at Everest region elevation of 5806 meter.The easiest and shortest mountain climbing to the new and amateur climbers.The peak is located only 12 km south of the "Mt Everest" grace of Nepal.Almost 22 days of Trekking was so gleeful for all of our team member.The most interesting part of this Trekking was crawling through the rocky ways to our destination point.Indeed we are very grateful to all the member of Skyline Treks & Expedition for the joyful Trekking.Hope to see you in the future. With best regards to Mr Madhav prashad pandey. The most responsible staff & Managing Director of Skyline Treks. Name: Chamber & groups.