Pokhara Valley trekking Overview
Pokhara Valley trekking explores you the major tourist hub of Nepal, encircled with magnificent snow-capped peaks, lush green hills and terraced fields.
Besides, it is also the second largest city of Nepal with a close to 350,000 inhabitants. This lake city offers the perfect combination of nature and culture. The center of the city has lovely lakes Phewa, Begnas and Rupa, which have their source in the glacial Annapurna range of the Himalayas.
Three out of top ten highest mountains in the world – Dhaulagiri, Annapurana and Manaslu are situated within 30miles (linear distance) of the city, so that the northern skyline of the city offers a very close view of the Himalayas. The city is a base to Annapurna trekkers meaning all the treks in the Annapurna region begin from Pokhara. A place of remarkable natural beauty, Pokhara is home to dense forests, gushing rivers and emerald lakes offering splendid views of the fishtail summit of Machhapuchhre which rises behind the Phewa Lake. Pokhara serves as the gateway and finishing point for some of the most popular treks including the Annapurna circuit and the Jomsom trek.
The Pokhara Valley trekking also offers the number of short treks for those who are unable to manage for a long and challenging ones’. The most popular among them is the one to Sarangkot (1,592m), a former Kaski fort lying a top hill 5km west of the old bazaar.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. (B)
Day 03: 7 hrs Drive or 30 minutes flight to Pokhara. (B)
Day 04: 40 min drive to Phedi and commence trek to Dhampus (1650 m) 3 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 05: Dhampus to Sarangkot.(1592m) 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 06: Sarangkot to Pokhara.(950m) 3 hrs (B)
Day 07: 7 hrs drive or 30 min fly to Kathmandu. (B)
Day 08: Final departure to the Airport for return home (B)
- Airport pickup and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel room on bed with Breakfast (B) basis
- All land transfer as per above itinerary
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in lodge
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder trekking Guide and porter
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Kathmandu/Pokhara Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Personal spending money & all bar bill during the trip,
- Domestic Airfare from Kathmandu to Pokhara (One-way) per person US$ 102 only (If required)
- Items of personal nature ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
- International airport departure tax
"The whole trek and the way we were treated before and after the trek were excellent. A very high standard & luxurious service. Thanks Skyline Treks for a great time in Nepal."
Paul R. Pillat