Pumori Expedition Overview
Pumori Expedition Peak is perhaps Nepal’s most popular mountain among the 7000 meter high peaks. Shaped like a pyramid, Pumori expedition is technically easy and proves as an ideal preparation for those looking to practice for the ascend of 8000 meter high peaks. Mount Pumori stands in the picturesque ‘Khumbu region’, only 8km west of Mt. Everest along the Nepal-Tibet border.
Pumori was first climbed by a German Swiss Expedition team in 1964. Despite of being a 7000 meter higher peak, it does have some challenging sections. Therefore, the expedition requires the climbers to have great physical condition. However, once climbed successfully it rewards with spectacular panoramic views of Mt. Lhotse and Everest.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
- 15 April 2014 Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
- 16 April 2014 Day 02: Kathmandu- Prepare Expedition
- 17 April 2014 Day 03: Briefing expedition in Ministry of tourism
- 18 April 2014 Day 04: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding lodge
- 19 April 2014 Day 05: Phakding to Namche lodge
- 20 April 2014 Day 06: Namche rest for acclimatization lodge
- 21 April 2014 Day 07: Namche - Thyanboche lodge
- 22 April 2014 Day 08: Thyangboche - Pheriche lodge
- 23 April 2014 Day 09: Pheriche - Lobuche lodge
- 24 April 2014 Day 10: Lobuche - Pumori Base Camp - Camping
- 25 April - 13 May 2014 Day 11-29 Climbing Period for Pumori 7145m.
- 14 May 2014 Day 30: Pumori BC - Pangboche -Lodge
- 15 May 2014 Day 31: Pangboche - Namche -Lodge
- 16 May 2014 Day 32: Namche - Lukla - Lodge
- 17 May 2014 Day 33: Fly Lukla - Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- 18 May 2014 Day 34: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
- 19 May 2014 Day 35: Final departures to the Airport
- Permit Fee (Royalty) of Pumori.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast basis
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets & 50 kg. cargo of equipment more extra cost
- Full board trekking with lodge & Food for BC Expedition period
- Porter or Yak Lukla to BC & while back to Lukla
- Equipment: 1 tent for 1 person, trekking equipment for Base Camp, dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses
- All kitchen equipment for Base Camp
- Laison officer allowances, equipment allowances for staff, flight ticket, insurance for Nepalese staffs, Officer during the expedition period
- Permit and National park fees
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Kitchen helper, Necessary porters or Yak
- All necessary taxes.
- Agency service charge
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- High altitude (climbing) food, fuel, Gas above BC & personal climbing gear
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- International Airport Departure Tax
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal, cargo.
- Bar bills and Extra expenses for personal
- Walkie-talkie and Climbing Sherpa
For the Treks & Expedition we gave the preference to Skyline Treks & Expedition.our Treks of Mount Pumori is stand in the picturesque at KHUMBU REGION and the Mountain is not so far its only 8km west of Mt Everest.The 35 days of Expedition was incredible for our team member because that was an adventurous Expedition which we did.our team is always thankful to Skyline Treks & Expedition for their well managed serious response and dignified with their guests.Their guide & porter are awesome a lot of thanks and best wishes to them for their job. .
Marine &The group