Rara Lake Trek Overview
Rara Lake Trek to the Nepal’s biggest lake ‘Rara lake’ was once described as ‘a shimmering blue jewel set in a ring of snowy peaks’ by Bill Greer, the founder of GORP. Rara is Nepal’s biggest lake spreading at an area of 10.8 square kilometers per square, also falls under the territory of ‘Rara National Park’.
The famous Rara lake is beautifully encircled with pine, spruce and Juniper forest. The park flora comprises of 1074 species, of which 16 are found only in Nepal. The park is also home to animals like the Gaur, Serow, Musk deer, yellow-throated martin and a variety of birds such as the Impeyan pheasant, Kalij and dove.
Rara lake Trek is quite demanding as it passes through as the road to Rara Lake is still without any of the comfortable services available along more popular trails. Logistically it is not an easy trek; it is hard to get to and from, and it is an organizational challenge, requiring informed guides and porters to tote the two weeks’ worth of material that will keep you warm, dry and fed. It is also tough on the bones, involving several 11,000-foot passes. However, The trail is very much “off the beaten path” as it passes through green countryside which provides unusual glimpses of a culture and scenery quite different from that found elsewhere in Nepal.
We at Skyline Treks and expedition have been arranging amazing Rara lake trek trips during September – October and April to May. We cannot wait to organize one for you too!
Day 02: Full day (6 hrs) guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Hotel. (B)
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and check in Hotel (B)
Day 04: Fly Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m/7773ft) and commence trek to Uthugaon (2530m/8298ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 05: Trek to Danphe Lagna (3500m/11480ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 06: Trek Lagna to Chautha (2770m/9085ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 07: Trek to Dhotu (2380m/7806ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 08: Trek to Rara Lake (2980m/9774ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 09: Acclimatization day in Rara Lake (B, L, D)
Day 10: Trek to Gorusingha (3190m/10463ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 11: Trek to Sinja (2440m/8003ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 12: Trek to Jaljala Chaur (3270m/10725ft), 6-7 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 13: Trek to Jumla (2370m/7773ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepaljung (B)
Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping (B)
Day 16: Final Departure to the Airport (B)
- Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu/Nepalgunj Hotel Room on twin sharing bed with Breakfast (B) basis
- English Speaking License Holder Tour Guided Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- Tour Guide Fee
- All groundedtransport
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Jumla and flight back to Kathmandu
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook
- Camping gear (two-men tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent)
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances
- Trekking permit and entrance fee
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Kathmandu/Nepalgunj Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1-3 per item per day)
- Travel Insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
Lovable,Dheeraj. For a short duration of our leisure time we were connected with theSkyline Treks & Expedition as reliable company whom we assured easily for our Rara lake trek and Expedition.We commenced our Trek with the great spark from Kathmandu towards Nepaljung to talcha airport by flight.On this Trekking it involves 5-6 hours walks per day and it require ascending of 1800 meter to 4480 meter through evergreen forested with soft wooden area as we did.The most interesting parts of this trek is immaculate face of the Nepal's biggest lake Rara and the lake is resemble with mirror because in the clear face of Rara we saw the splendid views of highly forested where it confine pine,mild wooden trees, evergreen shrubs of hillsides and as well as spectacular views of capped snowy mountains.When we were at the height of 4087 meter at Chuchemara Danda we saw the magnificent scenery of the deep blue and perfect face of tremendous Rara Lake.Here we got a great opportunity to explore about 500 kinds various flowers and herbs with "Rhododendron"the national flower of Nepal at Rara National park and this park is the habitat for 214 types of different birds and 20 kinds of Mammals.Plenty of thanks to Skyline Treks & Expedition regarding to their massive and deluxe service as well as thanks to the proficient and obedient guide and porter.In the conclusion i would to urge with those who are keen on Treks please captivate the scenic sight of the paradise as Rara lake Trek. .
Name: Katrina and her mates.