Rolwaling Trek Overview
Rolwaling trek in an inner Himalayan valley, considered as a holy sanctuary of the local Buddhist Sherpa inhabitants makes one of the most amazing treks of Nepal.
Rolwaling is a rewarding valley beneath Mt. Gaurishankhar, very little less traveled providing great views of snowy peaks and landscapes at all times. ‘Rolwaling’ means ‘valley carved by a plough’ and its steep cliffs indeed gives the impression of a plough-carved furrow.
Rolwaling trek area is also known as the land of ‘Yeti’s’ ever since Eric Shipton explored the place in 1951, where he reportedly photographed the first Yeti footprints. However after years of research and expeditions no one has ever traced any Yeti again.
The Rolwaling trek is known for being one of the most difficult and challenging treks succeeded by very less travelers as the trail passes through huge mountains along with glaciers throughout.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around of the Kathmandu valley. Join us for the welcome dinner at evening. Hotel Overnight. (B)
Day 03: Drive to Dolakha (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 04: Trek Dolakha to Piguti (920m). (4 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 05: Trek Piguti to Suri Doemhan (1,030m) (5 hrs).(B, L, D)
Day 06: Trek Suri Doemhan to Jagat (1,150m) (5-6 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 07: Trek Jagat to Simagaun (1,990m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 08: Trek Simagaun to Kharka (2,900m) (6 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 09: Trek Kharka to Beding (3,690m) (4 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 10: Rest day at Beding for emetter acclimatization. (B, L, D)
Day 11: Trek Beding to Na (4,180m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 12: Rest day at Na to explore the surrounding. (B, L, D)
Day 13: Trek Na to Chhyugima Lake (4,540m) (7 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 14: Trek to Tashi Lapcha Base Camp (5,010m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 15: Cross Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755m) (5 hrs) (B, L, D)
Day 16: Trek to Ngole (5,110m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 17: Trek to Thame (3,820m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m) (5 hrs). (B, L, D)
Day 19: Rest / Spare day at Namche. (B, L, D)
Day 20: Trek Namche to Lukla (2,840m). (B, L, D)
Day 21: Flight: Lukla - Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight. (B)
Day 22: Free day to explore, and enjoy Kathmandu (B)
Day 23: Final departure to your country (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast (B) basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide and his fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in Lodge (Tea House)
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- All land transfer as per above itinerary by our private vehicle
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
Dear Madhav and the Skyline Team Just wanted to say thank you very much for helping to make our trip to Nepal so wonderful. We had a fantastic time - enjoying both the tour of Kathmandu and the 17 days trekking. You and your team were all very helpul and kind with the arrangements both before hand and during our trip.
Rachel & Tom