Saga Dawa Festival Tour Overview
Saga Dawa Festival Tour, one of the most prominent festivals of Tibet celebrated on the 15th day of the 4th Tibetan month. This special day accords with three important events in Buddha’s life namely his birth, nirvana and parinirvana (death).
Since the Saga Dawa festival falls on the holiest month of the Tibetan calendar, it is believed that good deeds and prayers are multiplied thousand times during the festival. So, everyone looks completely dedicated in prayers trying to lease their gods.
One of the main attractions of the Saga Dawa Festival Tour in Tibet is a huge crowd that visits Dzongyab Lukhang Park at the foot of Potala for a late afternoon picnic. It’s a grand yearly celebration for the Tibetans, so everyone is seen actively involved. Another equally interesting event celebrated during Saga Dawa festival is annual ‘Tarboche Flagpole‘ replacing exercise. People from all parts of Tibet gather together with small prayer flags to attach it to the huge flag with the collective help from the onlookers.
The Saga Dawa festival unites people from all walks of life into a celebration; it’s a moving-experience that leaves you with a deep sense of satisfaction to last you a lifetime. You are only one step away from experiencing this amazing festival, you just need to contact us and we’ll take care of the rest to arrange for your unforgettable trip for Saga Dawa festival.
08th June 2019 / Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Hotel
09th June 2019 / Day 03: Kathmandu (1,300m) – Nyalam (3,750m) 150km. O/N at Guest House.
10th June 2019 / Day 04: Rest Days in Nyalam for Acclimatization O/N at Guest House
11th June 2019 / Day 05: Nyalam – Saga (4,600m) 280km. O/N at Tented Camp
12th June 2019 / Day 06: Saga – Manasarovar (4550m) 460km – O/N Camp
13th June 2019 / Day 07: Explore Lake Manasarover then drive to Tarboche (4,660m) 53km. O/N at Camp
14th June 2019 / Day 08: Enjoy the Festival celebration in Tarbuche O/N at Guest House.
15th June 2019 / Day 09: Trek from Darchen – Dira Phuk (4,900m) 18km. O/N at Camp
16th June 2019 / Day 10: Trek from Dira Phuk – Zutul Phuk (4,750m) 20km. O/N at Camp
17th June 2019 / Day 11: Zutul Phuk - Darchen (14km) – drive to Dongba (4,330m) 60km. O/N Camp
18th June 2019 / Day 12: Drive to Nyalam O/N at Guest House
19th June 2019 / Day 13: Drive to Zhangmu to Border where transportation wait for group for final journey to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel (B).
20th June 2019 / Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping. Overnight in hotel (B)
21st June 2019 / Day 15: Final departure to airport for return flight. (B)
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private Toyota car
- 3 star categories Kathmandu and Pokhara hotel room on bed and Breakfast (B) basis
- Welcome Dinner at Nepali Typical Restaurant with culture program
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide
- Sightseeing tour guide fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Guest House and Tented Accommodation as per program.
- Private Transportation by Jeep/ Van or Mini Coach.
- All necessary Tibet Travel and Trekking permit.
- One English speaking Tibetan Guide.
- All Sightseeing and Entrance fee.
- Yak and Yak man during the Kora (02 Pax =01 Yak).
- Cook and Sherpa Staff from Kathmandu.
- Supporting Truck (above 2 pax).
- Meal on Full board Basis.
- Kathmandu to Border to Kathmandu Transportation.
- Nepal entry re-entry visa fee
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel and personal Expenses.
- Medical fee if Emergency.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Hiring porter/ horse.
- Portable oxygen cylenders in of emergency.
- Rescue and Evacuation Service.
- Any Additional cost due to Nature calamity and Unforeseen Circumstances and etc.
"I enjoyed my trip very much. Having friendly guide and porter around make me feel more at home. Flexibility in itinerary."