Shishapangma Cho Oyu from Tibet Overview
Are you ready for an ultimate mountaineering experience for Shishapangma Cho Oyu from Tibet?
The combination of Shishapangma and Cho Oyu ascend from Tibetan side will completely blow you away! Both the mountains are among the 8000 meter high peaks placed at the roof of the world.
Shishapangma lies completely within Tibet, so our approach to these peaks also begin from Tibet. This is one of the easiest peaks to climb, hence also has the highest ascend rates. Our route to Shishapangma picks up from Nyalam, 33km from the Nepal – Tibet border, up to the Chinese base camp at an altitude of about 5000-5400m. We set up at least three camps until at 7,400 meter peaks, from the third camp it hardly takes 9-12 hours to reach the summit.
Once we ascend Shishapangma successfully, we approach for our next peak of Cho Oyu. Please be noted it will take at least 48 days to complete our package to both mountain climbs. Ever since the Austrian team first climbed the peak in 1954, Cho Oyu has been tremendously popular among the mountaineers and has higher successful climb rates.
However, before setting you up for Shishapangma and Cho Oyu expedition, it’s important for us to gain a full understanding of your body’s response to altitude and help you gain experience with Himalayan conditions. That’s why we highly recommend you to join our preparatory programs of mountaineering designed to help you succeed with the expedition.
08 April 2014 Day 02: Kathmandu & Prepare expedition
09 April 2014 Day 03: Katmandu
10 April 2014 Day 04: Drive Kodari – Zhangmu – hotel
11 April 2014 Day 05: Drive to Nyalam
12 April 2014 Day 06: Drive to Base camp
13 April 2014 Day 07: Prepare for Advance base camp
14 April 2014 Day 08: Trekking to Middle camp
15 April 2014 Day 09: Trekking to advance Base camp
16 - 30 April 2014 Day 10-24: Climbing Peried of Shishapangma 8012m.
01 May 2014 Day 25: ABC - Chinese base camp
02 May 2014 Day 26: Drive to Tingri
03 May 2014 Day 27: Drive to Base camp
04 May 2014 Day 28: Base camp to ABC
05 – 18 May 2014 Day 29 - 42 Climbing Peried of Cho Oyu 8201m.
19 May 2014 Day 43: ABC to Base camp
20 May 2014 Day 44: Base camp to Zhangmu
21 May 2014 Day 45: Drive to Kathmandu
22 May 2014 Day 46: Kathmandu
23 May 2014 Day 47: Final departure
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast at standard Hotel
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent & Kitchen tent are provided; and our staff get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Expedition Permit for the ABC staff
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side Zhangmu, Nyalam- Tingri
- (bed- breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face or similar)
- Per person's (40 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from Base Camp to ABC
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to the ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Shishapangma Base Camp - Cho Oyu Base camp - Zhangmu
- (vice versa) are provided the Mini bus/Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment
- Climbing permit for Shishapangma 8012m. & Cho Oyu 8201m.
- Staff expedition permit fee USD 3000 is included in package
- Tibet Visa
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese staff life & medical insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency if use, pay it.
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Welcome dinner typical Nepali restaurant with songs & dance
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Laundry, telephone calls & all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment, climbing food, all necessary goods Bar bills & Beverage.
- Garbage charge USD 20 each member, No refund
- Security deposit USD 500 (Sharing with group member)
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Permit of Walkie-Talkie.
- Extra yak, Per Yak’s USD 200 will be charge till to 50 KG load .
If you want to find another meaning of life or feel real nature power and risk sometimes:-), I wish you to visit Nepal! Its not just Everest highest peak and other regular notion we can imagine before… Its about honest people and their culture, your guts and amazing mountains. We made Gokiyo trek to Renjo la for 10 days in the end of may (weather was perfect!!!) and came back same way. All organization (tickets, transfer, hotels and etc.) of our trip was made by SkyLine company. I really was surprised about your work, guys!!! I appreciate your service and honest. Thank you so much, you are the best . See you at next year. Whole 10 mount stayed until my next trip to Nepal and I wish not to think about it, cause started to miss straightway.