Shishapangma Expedition from Tibet Overview
If you’re one of the mountaineers aiming to ascend the 8,000 meter peaks with comparatively less efforts, then this Shishapangma Expedition from Tibet is all that you are looking for!
Shishapangma is one of the easiest peaks to climb among the other 8000 meter high peaks. The mountain is at the central Himalaya and lies completely within Tibet.
Even though the mountain was only opened to foreign mountaineers in 1978, it has the highest rates of successful ascends than the other peaks, mainly because of its easy approach. Our route picks up from Nyalam, 33km from the Nepal – Tibet border, up to the Chinese base camp at an altitude of about 5000-5400m.
If you have any confusion or questions about the expedition, please feel free to contact us for more details. Our team of mountaineering experts will try their level best to discuss your queries and offer you the best possible arrangements for the Shishapangma Expedition from Tibet side.
13 April 2014 Day 02: Preparing Expedition/visa for Tibet ( Kathmandu )
14 April 2014 Day 03: Preparing expedition ( Kathmandu )
15 April 2014 Day 04: Drive to Kodari Border & Zhangmu
16 April 2014 Day 05: Drive Nylam 3750m.
17 April 2014 Day 06: Nylam rest for acclimatization
18 April 2014 Day 07: Drive to Chinese Base camp 5000m
19 April 2014 Day 08: Acclimatization
20 April 2014 Day 09: Prepare load for Advance Base Camp
21 April 2014 Day 10: Trek to Middle Camp,
22 April 2014 Day 11: Trek to Advance Base Camp 5400m.
23 April - 18 May 2014 Day 12-37: Climbing Period Shishapangama 8012m.
19 May 2014 Day 38: Trek to Base Camp
20 May 2014 Day 39: Drive Nyalam
21 May 2014 Day 40: Drive to Zhangmu & Kathmandu
22 May 2014 Day 41: Kathmandu
23 May 2014 Day 42: Final Departure
- 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast tourist standard
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide & mountaineering gears till to the ABC Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, Mess tent & Kitchen tent are provided; and our staff get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Travel Permit for the expedition staff
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet Zhangmu, Nyalam & Tingri (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand or similar)
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC-ABC
- Per person's (20 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp - Zhangmu (vice versa) are provided the Mini bus or Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment + expedition food carrying
- Climbing permit for Shishapangma 8035 meter
- If join Trekker or BC – ABC member includes all services
- Cook and Helper permit fee USD 3000 each staff is includes.
- Tibet Visa for member + Nepali staff
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese staff life & medical insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency but if use and pay it
- Welcome dinner typical Nepali restaurant with songs & dance
- Air or land travel to and from Kathmandu
- Laundry, telephone calls, all other items of personal nature
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal
- Personal Expenses
- Medical and rescue insurance
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Climbing food above the base camp
- Bar bills & Beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Permit fee of Walkie-Talkie
- Tips for Expedition staff
- Emergency rescue jeep incase needed
- Extra yak USD 200
- Any extra expenses
If you want to find another meaning of life or feel real nature power and risk sometimes:-), I wish you to visit Nepal! Its not just Everest highest peak and other regular notion we can imagine before… Its about honest people and their culture, your guts and amazing mountains. We made Gokiyo trek to Renjo la for 10 days in the end of may (weather was perfect!!!) and came back same way. All organization (tickets, transfer, hotels and etc.) of our trip was made by SkyLine company. I really was surprised about your work, guys!!! I appreciate your service and honest. Thank you so much, you are the best . See you at next year. Whole 10 mount stayed until my next trip to Nepal and I wish not to think about it, cause started to miss straightway.