Shishapangma Expedition Overview
Shishapangma Expedition to the world’s 14th highest mountain, Shishapangma that completely lies within Tibet. In fact the mountain came to lime light only once the Chinese government opened Tibet for the foreign climbers in 1978.
Shishapangma peak in ‘Tibetan language’ means ‘the range above the grassy plain’ and is one of the easiest 8000 high peaks to climb. We approach the peak from its North-West ridge, the route takes an easy angled snow slopes up to 35 degrees with one steeper section. The Shishapangma expedition gets a bit challenging on the summit day, as the summit lies on the far end of the high snowfalls.
While we try our level best to follow through the itinerary, the adventure travel in the remote mountain region is unpredictable and involves high risk. Therefore, our expedition leader has power to amend the itinerary if he thinks it’s necessary due to safety concerns.
Please follow through the detailed itinerary and get back to us for any further assistance!
April 13 Day 02: In Kathmandu for Tibet visa procedure
April 14 Day 03: In Kathmandu for Tibet visa procedure & official briefing.
April 15 Day 04: Fly to Lhasa, meet our staff & transfer to Hotel.
April 16 Day 05: Sightseeing: Drepung, Sera and Norbu Lingka monasteries.
April 17 Day 06: Sightseeing in Lhasa, Potala Palace, Jokhang and Barkhor market.
April 18 Day 07: Lhasa – Shigatse 3940m. by dive and transfer to Hotel.
April 19 Day 08: Shigatse – Shegar 4050m. by drive then transfer to Hotel.
April 20 Day 09: Drive to Shishapangma Base Camp 4700m. Tented Camp.
April 21-25 Day 10 - 11: Day for acclimatization.
April 22 Day 12: Trek to Advance Base Camp 5,600m. Tented Canp
April 23 Day 13: Preparation day for climbing period.
April 24-May 14 Day 14 – 34: Climbing Period Shishapangma 8,035m.
May 15 Day 35: Base Camp Cleaning and preparation. Tented.
May 16 Day 36: Trek back to Base Camp.
May 17 Day 37: Drive to Nyalam (3750m). Overnight in Guest House.
May 18 Day 38: Drive to Kodari & to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
May 19 Day 39: Free day in Kathmandu.
May 20 Day 40: Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
- 4 Nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast tourist standard
- Expert Nepalese professional expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide & mountaineering gears till to the ABC Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, Mess tent & Kitchen tent are provided; and our staff get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Full board hotel (bed & Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand or similar)
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from BC-ABC
- Per person's (20 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to ABC to the BC
- Climbing permit for Shishapangma 8012 meter If join Trekker or BC – ABC member includes all services Cook and Helper permit fee USD 3000 each staff is includes.
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese staff life & medical insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency but if use and pay it
- Welcome dinner typical Nepali restaurant with songs & dance
- Air or land travel to and from Kathmandu
- Laundry, telephone calls, all other items of personal nature
- Entry visa for Nepal
- Personal Expenses
- Medical and rescue insurance
- Personal Climbing equipment
- Climbing food above the base camp
- Bar bills & Beverage
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Permit fee of Walkie-Talkie
- Tips for Expedition staff
- Emergency rescue jeep incase needed
- Extra yak USD 200
- Any extra expenses
D mitry & groups.