Tibet Overland Tour Overview
Tibet Overland tour is a remote trekking experience carried on completely through means of land transportation’s. You will be passing through some of the remotest parts of Nepal, so you should be ready to live without the proper accommodation and amenities! However, the tour experience will last you a lifetime. The passes through unique landscapes, world’s highest mountain peaks, following through the world’s highest terrains. Therefore, it only gets better and adventurous with each passing trails.
This Tibet Overland Tour (7 nights 8 days) starts from Kantipath Thamel at 5am, as you report, you start your journey to the Friendship Bridge [116kms/6hrs drive]. Enrobe, breakfast stop is made at the Dhulikhel lodge resort. An early start is made on the first day as china time is 2 hrs 15 minutes ahead of Nepal time in winter & 3 hrs 15 minutes in summer. After completing immigration formalities on the Nepal side, we drive uphill to Zhangmu [8 kms/45 min]-from the immigration post. It’s where you are greeted by our friendly Tibetan guide, who will take care of your entire tour arrangement.
The infrastructure of the tourism industry is still very basic in the routes that we will be opting for during the trek; however the experience is definitely unrivaled!
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square
Day 03: Kathmandu-Zangmu / Neyalam (3750M)-150 KM
Day 04: Neylam - Tingri / Lhatse (4050M)-285 KMS,
Day 05: Lhatse - Xigatse (3900M)-183 KMS,
Day 06: Xigatse-Gyantse (3950M)-90KMS,
Day 07: Gyantse - Lhasa (3650M)-261 KMS,
Day 08 & 09: Sightseeing In Lhasa (3650M)
Day 10: Lhasa flight to Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping
Day 12: Final Departure to the Airport
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide
- Sightseeing tour guide and his fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- All the Ground transportation by four wheel drive (Land cruiser)
- Hotel accommodation on BB plan 2 - 3 star level
- Travel permit.
- Temple and Monastery entry fees
- Flight tickets from Lhasa to Kathmandu
- Tibet Visa And experienced Government licensed holder Tibetan guide
- Warm sleeping bag and warm down jacket
- All Government taxes
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Lunch and dinner (allow US$ 10 - US$ 20 per day)
- Your Travel insurance
- International air fare to Nepal and from Nepal to your destination
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Tips for guide and driver etc..
"I enjoyed my trip very much. Having friendly guide and porter around make me feel more at home. Flexibility in itinerary."