What is Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
Namaste and Greeting from Himalayan Country of Nepal. May be you already here that independent/ individual trekking is totally to disallow after (T.I.M.S) Trekkers Infromation Management System is required to Trek in Nepal Himalayas T.I.M.S only you get through Nepal government register Trekking agencies. Our Agency Provides Trekkers Infromation Management System (T.I.M.S) only who agree to take our service on their Trip. Thanking you sir for your good understand.
Nepal Trekkers Infromation Management System (T.I.M.S)
With a view to checking illegal operations in the trekking industry and ensuring safety and security of trekkers, the Nepal Government has introduced a new rule that requires all trekkers to go on trekking in various parts of the country only through registered trekking agencies after obtaining a Trekkers Infromation Management System (T.I.M.S) from Trekking Agents Association of Nepal (TAAN). As an umbrella organization of more than 550 registered trekking companies of Nepal, TAAN has been authorized by the Nepal Government to issue T.I.M.S and the new rule is scheduled to come into force from October 1, 2006. TAAN will charge a minimum amount of money as administrative and service fee for issuing T.I.M.S. As a record of trekkers, T.I.M.S incorporates their personal details, trekking routes, duration etc. The Provision is introduced in order to upgrade the service standard and for better management of sustainable mountain tourism development in Nepal. Trekking without T.I.M.S is illegal and subject to charge fines and other punishments in accordance with the laws of the Nepal Government.
Importance and Necessity of T.I.M.S:
It is very important to have a kind of monitoring and facilitating system in place for any sort of outdoor activity that involves physical risk. Trekking is a major outdoor activity in Nepal’s mountain tourism. Given the rugged physical condition and remoteness of almost all trekking areas of Nepal’s Himalayan mountain region, a record system is very essential that would be helpful in monitoring the safety and security of trekkers. The past experiences have shown that difficulties have been faced with carrying out rescue operations promptly during the times of natural calamities. Because of lack of proper record system of trekkers, their exact whereabouts and the information about trekking routes, rescue and search missions used to face difficulties in spotting the trekkers missing.
The Nepal Government is very serious about implementing T.I.M.S as a mechanism to control all sorts of anomaly, including illegal operations, and to ensure safety and security of trekkers, TAAN as a national tourism organization working in the field of sustainable mountain tourism in Nepal, has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementing T.I.M.S. As per TAAN’s proposed hassle-free procedure, T.I.M.S is being issued to each and every trekker traveling only through the registered trekking agencies.
The decision regarding the introduction of T.I.M.S is a welcome step taken in its policies and programmes by the Nepal, Government. So, TAAN is in the process of developing a well-managed and efficient system with nominal service charge of Nepali rupees 250 (equivalent US $ 3.5) only to implement T.I.M.S in the open trekking areas of Nepal. T.I.M.S is going to be issued from convenient locations of Kathmandu and Pokhara.
T.I.M.S ISSUING SYSTEM:
The following considerations have been taken into account in the process of issuing T.I.M.S:
1. All important details of trekkers and trekking routes will be maintained on a computerized record system that may be useful for safety and security of trekkers and field-staff.
2. The data generated from the system will be useful to all stakeholders – tourism organizations, government agencies, diplomatic missions, tour operators, research institutes, etc.
3. Unauthorized trekking operations will be controlled, thus resulting into better management of trekking service and in benefit of all concerned – trekkers, agencies, field – staff, government, etc. and also occasional untoward incidents will be better prevented.
4. TAAN will be able to work more in its effort of preservation of natural and cultural environment in cooperation with local communities. This, in turn, will enable to promote sustainable tourism.
5. The issue of T.I.M.S will be so simplified that it would be prompt and inexpensive. The convenient T.I.M.S counter in Kathmandu will remain open 12 hours a day all the seven days a week round the year. Pokhara counter will be opened for 9 hours a day. The T.I.M.S counter will be located close to the counters of the National Parks and Conservation Areas.
6. TAAN’s Media Centre will have updated information about the conditions of trails and other relevant insights into the trekking areas. The same information also will be updated frequently in the TAAN’s web page. Some of the checks posts along the trekking routes will be equipped with telephone services by TAAN.
T.I.M.S REGULATORY PROVISIONS:
1. Trekkers must keep Trekkers Infromation Management System (T.I.M.S) along with them while trekking.
2. T.I.M.S must be shown to TAAN authorities, National Park check posts, Conservation Area Project’s check posts and police check posts on demand.
3. Deviation from the prescribed trekking areas shall be taken as a violation of law of the Government of Nepal
4. Trekkers must keep their copies of passports along with
5. T.I.M.S shall be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-endorsable and valid only for single entry.
TAAN also request all concerned stakeholders to help disseminate the above information to potential trekkers to Nepal and other related offices and agencies. Any inconvenience that may arise due to implementation of this new rule it regretted.
Thank you for your kind support and cooperation.
For further information, Please contact us
Skyline Treks & Expedition (P.) Ltd.
GPO. Box No:– 14221
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel No: 00977-4212737 / 4269197
Fax No: 00977-4212738
Website: http://skylinetreks.com http://nepaltrektours.com http://nepaltravels.biz http://skylinetreks.com.np