Yala Peak Climbing Overview
Yala peak climbing is well-suited for new mountaineers looking for a relatively easy peak expedition.
Yala peak lying at an elevation of 5500 meters doesn’t need any earlier mountaineering experience and is Nepal’s easiest peak to climb. However, average level of physical fitness is required with earlier trekking experience.
Yala peak, placed in the Langtang region of Nepal which is only a few hours of bus drive from Kathmandu. We begin the trip driving from Kathmandu or Dhunche to Syabru Bensi, and trek up the Langtang valley for at least 3 days to reach the starting point of the Yala peak climbing. We set our base camp on a meadow at 4800 meters and climb ‘Yala peak’ the next day.
Yala Peak climbing is technically easy and relatively shorter than the other climbing well-suited for the ones’ wishing for a short and easy peak climbing. Most importantly, we take of all your climbing needs such as providing quality equipment, excellent food, trekking porters and experienced climbing leader so that you can only focus on the Peak climbing and nothing else!
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and met our staff and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Half day guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley. (B)
Day 03: 8 hrs Drive to Syabru Besi (1600m) (B.L.D)
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m) (B.L.D)
Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village(3100m) (B.L.D)
Day 06: Trek to Kyanging Gompa (3750m) (B.L.D)
Day 07: Excursion to Tserko Ri (5033m) (B.L.D)
Day 08: Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp (4800m) (B.L.D)
Day 09: Yala Peak summit (5732m) (B.L.D)
Day 10: Reserve day. (B.L.D)
Day 11: Trek to Ghora Tabela (3050m) (B.L.D)
Day 12: Trek to Syabru (2200m) (B.L.D)
Day 13: Trek to Sing Gompa (3300m) (B.L.D)
Day 14: Trek to Dhunche (1950m) (B.L.D)
Day 15: Dhunche drive back to Kathmandu by bus. (B.L)
Day 16: Free day in Kathmandu. (B..L.D)
Day 17: Transfer to airport to return to home. (B)
Trip Itinerary II
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1330m
Day 02: At leisure in Kathmandu (B )
Day 03: To Dhunche by bus 1950m 8 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 04: Syabru 1600m 7 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 05: Chongong (Lama Hotel) 2380m 6 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 06: Langtang 3500m 6 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 07: Kanjin Gompa 3800m 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 08: Rest Day (B.L.D)
Day 09: Yak Kharka 4160m 5 hrs (B.L.D)
Day 10: Summit of Yala Peak 5500 and back to Yak Kharka (B.L.D)
Day 11: Lanshisha 4084m 6hrs (B.L.D)
Day 12: Kyanging 3800m 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 13: Chongong (Lama Hotel) 2380m 6hrs (B.L.D)
Day 14: Syabru 1600m 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 15: Sin Gompa 3350m 7hrs (B.L.D)
Day 16: Gossainkund 4380m 6hrs (B.L.D)
Day 17: Gopte 3260m 5hrs (B.L.D)
Day 18: Tharepati 3490m 8hrs (B.L.D)
Day 19: Gul Bhanjyang 2800m 6hrs (B.L.D)
Day 20: Chisopani 2300m 6hrs (B.L.D)
Day 21: Sundarijal 1900m 7hrs (B.L.D)
Day 22: Kathmandu 1350m 1hr (B.L.D)
Day 23: In Kathmandu 1350m (B.L.D)
Day 24: Final departure from Kathmandu (B)
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotels on twin sharing room including breakfast
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax.
- Sagarmatha conservation area entrance permit.
- Peak permit charge and a climbing Sherpa
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Kathmandu hotel Lunch and Dinner (L ,D)
- Personal equipment sleeping bag, Down jacket, waterproof jacket, kit bag etc. (you can rent them in Kathmandu at a cost of US$ 1 per item for day)
- Equipment allowance (Legally each expedition must provide an equipment allowance for all Sherpa guides and porters. This allowance is necessary for brand new equipment (sleeping bag, shoes, crampons, down jacket, raincoat etc.). Because this expedition is not a high altitude expedition we will negotiate with the guides and porters to obtain an acceptable agreement for this allowance. Nevertheless the contribution of each participant will be around US$ 170.00
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips etc.
Lovable,Madhav. Before some several days our groups were feeling inquisitive for an adventurous Expedition to Nepal.Our good fate was with us and we found an exquisite company Skyline Treks & Expedition through internet and we were peeping for Yala peak climbing at Langtang region elevation of 5500 meter one of the easiest Expedition.The 24 days Treks we commenced it from 9 hours drive from kathmandu to syabru Besi and 5 days hiking to the beautiful Langtang valley.For this yala peak climbing former climbers is not needed but it is essential that the climbers should be agile and we were the prompt climbers for this peak.At langtang valley we got chance to see Kyanjim Gomba(3800)meter and langtang lirung(7246)meter.During yala peak treks we have visited Buddhist monasteries and knew their culture and historical phenomena.Within 24 days of summit we got the grave opportunity to feel Mt Shishapangma(8046)meter and fluted Gangchemo(6388)meter.Eventually it was our mind blowing and superb Trekking and we found we are all in all for this treks.Thanks to Skyline Treks and bravo to entire team of the company.
Name: Gomez & friends.