Everest Base Camp Gokyo Cho La Pass is one of its own kind trekking routes that’s known for the best views and unexpected adventures that whole of Everest region has to offer. It is our most frequented trek in the Everest region, which we recommend to all our clients looking for a greatest experience of the Everest region.
Like any other treks to the Everest region, trek to Everest base camp and Gokyo Chola Pass also begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. After 3 hours of walk from the Lukla airport we reach the first stop of the trail at Phakding. Continuing the trail, we pass through the Dudh Koshi Valley until we reach at Namche Bazaar, the home of the legendarysherpas’. The trail to Gokyo is a slow ascent up the valley passing through the patches of dense rhododendron and birch forests – the elusive musk deer is also seen sometimes. The Gokyo peak (5480m) ascent is the center-point of this trek that bestows us with the incredible scenery of the magnificent Everest, Makalu, Cho O Yu, Lhotse and Nuptse. Besides enjoying the unforgettable mountain beauty and the unique landscapes’, the trek also lets you have an insight of the local culture, rural lifestyles and their everyday struggle for the livelihood.
We are now accepting booking for this trek for March, April and May, one of the best times of the year to trek to the region. However, we do arrange for Everest base camp and Gokyo Chola pass trek throughout the year. So, make sure get in touch with us today; we will try our level best to plan for this awesome trek for you and your friends.
Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square. (B)
Day 03: An early morning to Lukla (2713m) from Kathmandu and trek to Phakding. (2610mtrs/8563ft). Flight 40 minutes and walking 3 hours (B, L, D)
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m/11286ft). walking 5:30 hours. (B, L, D)
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar. walking 5 hours (B, L, D)
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12664ft). walking 5 hours. (B, L, D)
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14468ft). walking 5:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Dinbuche. walking 4:25 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 09: Trek to Lobuje (4910m/16108ft). walking 5:30 hours,(B, L, D)
Day 10: Trek to Gorak Shep (5153m/16906ft). walking 3:30 hours,(B, L, D)
Day 11: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5363m/17595ft) and back to Gorekshep. walking 5:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 12: Hiking up Kalapathar (5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Zongla (4710m/15453ft). Walking 6 hours. (B, L, D)
Day 13: Trek to Thagna (4500m/14764ft) via the Chola-la cross (5420m/17782ft). Walking 6:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo (4790m/15715ft). walking 4:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 15: Hiking upto Gokyo Ri (5483m/1983ft) and trek down to Gokyo lakes. Walking 4:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 16: Descend to Dole (4210m/13812ft). Walking 5:30 hours each day, (B, L, D)
Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m/11286ft). walking 6:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 18: Trek to Lukla (2840m/9317ft). Walking 6:30 hours, (B, L, D)
Day 19: An early morning flight back to Kathmandu from Lukla. Flight time 40 mintues. (B)
Day 20: After breakfast transfer to the airport for departure. (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast (B) basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide and his fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in Lodge (Tea House)
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- All program according to itineraries on full board.
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- All land transfer as per above itinerary by our private vehicle
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
This is to thank you once again for the wonderful time you and your team gave us both on our trek and in Kathmandu. The level of your service and committment to looking after us exceeded our expectations. We will recommend your company to anyone who asks us about travel in Nepal and we will contact you first if we have a return trip. (Morgan is very interested in trekking with his friends when he finishes school in 2008).
Stephen, Morgan, David Rees (Australia)