Gokyo ri trek Nepal, the largest glacier of the Himalayas peak at 5357 meters is located on the west side of the Ngozumpa glacier. Gokyo at the base of Gokyo Ri, is a small hamlet of a few stone houses and one of the highest settlements in the world. This fairly popular trekking route is specially designed for adventure freaks willing to enjoy the spectacular views of the Everest ranges, while avoiding much of the physical stress. We start the trek with a flight to Lukla from Kathmandu; we first stop at Namche Bazaar, ‘home of the legendary Sherpas’ from where we take a different route to Everest Base camp. From Namche Bazaar, the trail follows up to the Ngozumpa glacier, Machhermo Ri and finally ‘Gokyo’ valley. As we trek towards the beautiful Gokyo valley, we follow through the dense rhododendron forests and really historic and interesting caves. Once we start noticing the string of blue lakes, that’s when we know that we have finally reached the glacier valley. After acclimatizing here for a day, we hike up to Gokyo Ri the next morning which enthrall us with the amazing 360 degree panorama of the 8,000 meter high snow-capped peaks. Gokyo Ri trek is only of the most popular trekking package of the ‘Everest region’, also above is only a standard pattern of the itinerary that we offer; we can customize the trek depending on your requirements at any time. So hurry up and book your trek to amazing Gokyo Ri today!
Day 02: 40 minutes fly to Lukla and commence trek to Phakding (2652m) 3 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m) 6 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 04: Acclimatization day, hike to Everest view hotel (3900m) and back to Namche Bazaar 2 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse (B.L.D)
Day 05: Trek to Dole (4190m) 5 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 06: Trek to Machhermo (4410m) 5 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 07: Trek to Gokyo Lake (4750m) 4 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 08: Hike to Gokyo RI (5360m) 2 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 09: Gokyo Lake to Machhermo (4410m) 5 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse. (B.L.D)
Day 10: Trek to Dole (4190m) 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse (B.L.D)
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar, 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse, (B.L.D)
Day 12: Trek to Lukla, 7 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse (B.L.D)
Day 13: 40 minutes fly back to Kathmandu (1310m). Overnight at hotel, inclusive of breakfast. Rest of the time for shopping (B)
Day 14: Final departure to your home country. (B)
- International/Domestic Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu hotel room on bed and breakfast (B) basis
- Domestic air fare from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Sagarmatha National Park entry permits fee
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day while on the trek in Lodge (Tea House)
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Sherpa trekking Guide & each 2 persons 1 Porter provided
- All program according to itineraries on full board
- Wages, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- All land transfer as per above itinerary by our private vehicle
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$ 40 only.
- Kathmandu Hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Travel insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal spending money and all bar bill, i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips etc.
This is to thank you once again for the wonderful time you and your team gave us both on our trek and in Kathmandu.
The level of your service and committment to looking after us exceeded our expectations. We will recommend your company to anyone who asks us about travel in Nepal and we will contact you first if we have a return trip.(Morgan is very interested in trekking with his friends when he finishes school in 2008). Yours Sincerely,
Stephen, Morgan, David Rees (Australia)